Guaranteed Bed Weed Removal & Prevention
Garden beds can add to the beauty of your yard and help to increase the population of pollinators like butterflies. However, unsightly weeds can pop up, ruining the appearance of your beds, attracting unwanted pests, and threatening the root systems of your plants. While it may be tempting to attempt to tackle the problem by regularly weeding your beds, the root systems of weeds may already be established rendering your efforts futile. Our team takes a systematic approach to restore your bed by determining the cause of weeds and choking them out before they take root.
Convenient Treatment Options
We know that your life is busy and time is a commodity you often don’t have. That’s why we offer Saturday servicing and 24-hour phone lines to help you schedule your appointments on your schedule and avoid taking off work for your bed weed control treatment. We also have a convenient online payment portal so you can make payments on your own time.
Expert Care for Quality Service
At 4-Evergreen, we know that you have spent significant amounts of time and effort curating the perfect garden. That’s why all of our experts are certified by the state to be the best at what they do. It’s important for us to know what’s in your garden and what techniques and applications will create the optimal conditions to allow your ornamentals to thrive. If you want to start enjoying your garden beds without the unseemly appearance of weeds, contact us to learn more about our bed weed control program.
Our Weed Control Process
To keep your flower beds healthy and vibrant, we provide a program consisting of 4-6 visits throughout the year to keep your landscaping weed-free year long. During these visits our technician will:
- Take a comprehensive inventory of your prized ornamentals.
- Create a customized blend of post-emergent treatments designed to kill nuisance weeds, like nutgrass and dallisgrass, while also protecting your flowers, bushes, and the like.
- Treat your beds with a slow-release pre-emergent to prevent new weeds from germinating.
- Time these treatments with the growing season to ensure we are attacking weeds at the optimal time.
With regular treatment, we can keep your garden beds free of common weeds all year long.
Improving the Health of Your Beds
Effective weed control is the best way to protect the investment you’ve made in your ornamentals, and while our treatments will help to keep weeds out of your bed, it is still important to maintain conditions that promote the health of your ornamentals and further discourage weed development.
- The single most important step that you can take to keep weeds at bay is to keep the mulch at least 3” deep. This limits the amount of sunshine and rain that the weed receives, effectively smothering any budding weeds. The mulch also helps established ornamentals retain much-needed nutrients.
- Another important step to preventing weeds is installing a proper bed liner. Bed liners ensure that weeds have a hard time surfacing through the soil, while the placement of ornamentals determines how much free space they have to thrive.
Check out our blog to learn what you can do to keep your flower beds free of weeds. These steps combined with our bed weed control treatments will keep your beds healthy and vibrant all season.