Don’t Let Wasp Interfere With Your Outdoor Activities
It’s that beautiful time of year- spring! The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising and only one thing stands in the way of the perfect day. It is flying, stinging insects! That’s right, WASPS. We are experiencing many calls in regards to wasps! They are everywhere! Flying around the entrances of your home and car, on your window seals the second you desire fresh air, and they never fail to have you appear crazy in front of the neighbors as you are swatting and fumbling to get away from them.
Wasps are cruel, unfriendly and can cause extreme pain!
But we have something that will stop them “DEAD” in their tracks!!
- There are over 200,000 species of wasps all over the world and they can be found almost everywhere except for the coldest polar regions.
- Wasps can be of use around the garden by consuming dead insects and eating flies they can be a nuisance too. Apart from stinging, their persistence can be irritating and they present a major threat to those that are allergic to their sting. Unlike the honey bee, wasps can sting repeatedly.
- A male wasp is called a Drone. The job of the Drone is to mate with the Queen. After they have fulfilled this mission, they die shortly afterwards.
- The venom in wasps contains a pheromone that causes other wasps to become more aggressive. Try not to swat one near its nest or other wasps.
- Wasps don’t swarm.
- The sting of a wasp should wear off within 24 hours but for a small minority of people the venom in their sting causes anaphylactic shock which can be fatal. For more information on the symptoms of anaphylaxis.
- An ordinary sting can be treated with deodorant containing aluminium.
Dangers of wasp stings…..
One of the scariest things about the wasp is that if you or your family member is unaware of an allergic reaction that a wasp sting may cause, a life could be in jeopardy. One sting could be life-altering and we do not think that is ever worth the risk! If you notice wasp nest in or around your home, shed or garage please consider hiring a professional pest control service to service your property.
Call today and ask about our wasp control with a residual for up to 90 days!
Okeena Termite & Pest Control