Mistakes You Are Making With Your Valuable Customers
11 Mistakes You Are Probably Making With Your Customers
Because I Was!
Let’s talk about the thing most people don’t like to talk about. MONEY. Let’s face it, money may not be the most important thing, but it is extremely important for us to be able to have some sort of financial freedom. Don’t get me wrong, money will not make you happy, but it won’t make you unhappy either. There are many people in this world that have a lot of money but are still unhappy. As a matter of fact, the top 1% of the wealthiest people have more money than 50% of the rest of the population combined. So how do we as entrepreneurs or employees get our share of the proceeds? Be sure to put more of an emphasis on taking care of the people that are taking care of you. You have to give to receive. And in this case we are referring to your customers.
- Be Agreeable: Always agree first with your customers’ concerns or comments. Is the customer always right?Not always. But in order to maintain good relations with your clients, you have to be understanding and agree even if you don’t. Does that mean to lie? No, that means if the customer feels a certain way, who are we to tell them they are wrong?. Disagreement puts you no closer to finding a solution to any problem. Always, always, always, agree.
- Daily Training: Anything that is worth doing, is worth doing every day. Being committed to daily training in the area of service and sales has been one of the most valuable tools that has helped our staff maintain our purpose and provide excellent customer service.
- Be Available: Most of us in business are eager to take a call when a person is inquiring about the services we offeryet can’t be found when the customer truly needs them with a question or concern. Be happy to take care of them because remember they are taking care of you with their business. If you are a great problem solver, there will be plenty of more opportunity for you after the problem is solved.
- Take Good Notes: You have heard the old saying that time is money. This is true. Documenting or taking notes of every conversation with clients is essential for growth and customer service. You should have some type of CRM (Customer Relation Management) to document pertinent information for not only specifics of the sale, but also for possible future purchases that may be made.Good note taking can save so much time. It can also add to your credibility when you can recall previous conversations to make sure you get your client on the right solution to a problem while saving them (and you) time.
- Ask the Right Questions: This is often overlooked in customer service and can provide extreme value for getting the customer on the right product or service. This also allows you to focus on any concerns and flush them out so you will have the right information to know how to solve any problem or concern.
- Get Answers To Your Questions: What good is it, if you ask the “magic” question, to not ever get an answer. Remember to always get the answers to the questions you ask. Controlling the conversation with customers is vital for your success and allows you to be the professional and provide solutions to problems. By not getting the answers to your questions allows the customer to control the conversation and therefore you lose control.
- Listen: Sometime weget caught up in our deal and sales pitch and forget to listen. It is very difficult to solve a customers’ problems if you don’t listen to their concerns and solve the problem accordingly. Remember, it’s about them, not you.
- Under Promise and Over deliver: Please don’t be confused. It is imperative to have a strong claim or passion of what you do,to get people’s However, you need to make sure that you can back up what you are saying. This can be seen as an integrity issue. Provide more value than your customers are expecting and you and your service will be a hit!
- Follow-Up: Never take someone’s business for granted. Easy come, easy go. You can’t plant a flower and expect it to flourish if you don’t continue after the purchase to feed and water it. The same is true for all customers. Show them some love! The single most important thing you need to be doing isnurturing the relationship to hopefully place yourself in a great position to secure more business down the road. Remember, second money is easier to get than first money. This is not possible if you neglect your customers.
- Referrals: The power of referrals are greatly under-valued. Asking for referrals MUST be a part of EVERY presentation you make to a customer or potential customer. Besides that, referrals are the most cost effective ways to grow any business. What is awesome about referrals is when someone refers a friend, family member, or fellow colleague, it then solidifies even more that they made the right decision when choosing to do business with you and your business.
- Make Service Senior To Sales: Service is the name of the game. Always be committed to a high level of service in order to help people. It is true that if you help enough people in this world, you eventually will be helped as well. When your purpose and dedication of service is truly felt by your customers, then and only then, will you be able to experience more comfort and confidence. And at that point, you will be able to help solve the problems of many and therefore be able to service and sell all people in all industries.
Take Care Of Your Customers Because If You Don’t, Somebody Else Will,